Wednesday 6 August 2014

Its my book and I like it.......

I saw a brilliant post on Facebook the other day. I have already shared this with my FB friends, but I think that they will forgive me for repeating. It said, and I paraphrase;
"This is my book. It may not be a "great" book, but it is mine and I like it. It may not make me rich or famous, but that is not why I wrote it."

I wrote "Sadie" as a gift to myself for a special birthday (largely to see if I could make sense of the million ideas that were floating around in my head). And, as the quote says, it is mine and I like it. the story may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is exactly the sort of story I love, with some drama and suspense, a secret and an element of fantasy and the supernatural. I am well on with the sequel, which I can hardly tear myself away from because it is filled with more secrets, more drama, more supernatural and a huge twist at the end. But more of Albie closer to completion.

My journey into self publishing came about for very personal reasons which I cannot disclose here and now, but 3 weeks after starting, I had an offer from a publisher. This might give some a bit of reassurance of the quality. I have declined for now as I was well into my journey but I hope to return to this possibility at a later date. I will keep you informed.

I don't want to ramble on, but just to say again that all royalties for now are going to charity - at the moment this is not a money making venture. More of a learning curve from which I am discovering a HUGE amount about the world of publishing. It's all very exciting, and hopefully I might be able to help others interested in taking similar steps in the future. And of course, I'm sure I am not the only one that lives in hope that the film makers are out there just looking for their next big project....

Over here Mr Speilberg........

No comments:

Post a Comment