Sunday 22 January 2017

And on to the next phase....

We had a bit of a busy year last year. In lots of ways we still seemed to be suffering some continued fallout from the apocalypse that was 2015,  but there were lots of highlights. People often say to me "I would write a book if I had time....." which I always greet with a wry smile. I said in an earlier post how hectic life was, but I know what they mean. And last year, we were away every school holiday. In between everything else I didn't leave myself much time for writing. I didn't see my friends as much as I would have liked either, a fact I intend to address this year. This year then, we have decided to try to slow it down a little (the madness of life, that is....the opposite for the writing.) We were thrilled when we had the unexpected chance to go skiing last Easter as my son was working in a popular ski resort so we flew out to see him. We hope we might do the same this year (fingers crossed.....) but the whole family became so excited by the notion of skiing that we have booked for all of us to go and give it a try. Not 'till next February, mind, so everyone can save up, but we face the prospect now of lots of excited chatter and we are already shopping for ski wear......I feel a sense of childish excitement. We will visit Cornwall in the summer but apart from that are going to spend a bit more time at home. And writing.

So anyhoo....(I can't decide if that is a terrible term or if I quite like it....I like what my mouth does when I say it.....!)...back to the progress on the book. I submitted The Secrets to a publisher and I shall be completely honest about its progress. I was open about the fact that I had previously self published, to save us both from wasting our time. I have had a message saying that the submission had been forwarded to the editors so that fact had not meant immediate rejection. I am now waiting to hear their judgement. Meanwhile I had started re editing The Key but have left this to one side in recent weeks. I am finding myself pulled in the direction of the Third book and began sketching out ideas for where I would like the story to go. I have written the opening paragraph and have lots of bits of chapters and ideas, but I want to get started on it properly this week. Let's see what happens....the best laid plans and all that....

And of course I am busily picking out my dress for the film premier....
Well we can all dream can't we. 😇




No comments:

Post a Comment