Tuesday 2 April 2013

Being the eternal optimist...

I was just posting on Facebook, and thought, well it's just as appropriate here! When my book, as yet unpublished, is made into the film, I would quite like this song to be included. It doesn't translate quite as poetically into English as it sounds in French, but the words echo beautifully the heartbreak of the heroine in the first half of the story. I think it is just one of the most haunting and beautiful songs I ever heard, and  is right  up there with Celine Dion (Heart Will Go On). I never heard it before someone posted a dance routine from Romania (I think, but not sure) Got Talent type show and tracked it down through Google.( Now there is a phrase I never knew as a child that I would be saying!) It would be a most appropriate piece of music to accompany Sadie's House, (you will have to read the book/see the film to fully appreciate why!)

I'm nothing if not optimistic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m1tW--YKGU

No comments:

Post a Comment