Sunday 16 September 2012

To taste or not to taste? I'm not even published yet.....!

I have been inspired by authors putting tasters of their work on to their blogs and I think it's a really good idea. There has been the story this week in the paper about a young woman who was releasing her novel chapter by chapter onto a blog and recieved 17 million hits, resulting in a 6 figure book deal and plans for a sequel!!! Would that we all could manage that!! (I am, admittedly, just perfectly green with envy.....!!)

I am thinking about putting some sample work on here, although haven't made my mind up how much or which bit. The story is about a young woman who is bereaved when her soldier fiance is killed. She buys a dying old house which, it seems, is enchanted and is protecting her from harm. As she repairs the house, she is slowly repairing herself and she grows to love the place. There is a secret, however, which is revealed at the close, and it is clear that she was meant to be there, in more ways than she could possibly imagine. Ultimately, a great deal of sense comes out of her fiance's untimely demise.

I am also trying to be as supportive as possible as I can of other new artist's work - we are all fighting the same battles. I will be happy to share blogs and post publicity for others - perhaps we can all pay it forward...........

I have made a bit of a start on book 2 - it is climbing out of my head in the middle of the night and I am very excited. So......back to work.......!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErpISLfK1gc&feature=player_detailpage
see clip for video clip on the blog with all the hits!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment