Wednesday 1 May 2013

A bit of exciting news?

Well I hadn't realised that it was 3 weeks since my last post, the longest I have gone without blogging! ooops! I have been busy with one thing or another, but we can all make that excuse, can't we. I was waiting for news, amongst other things, and I didn't want to keep teasing you with "things going on behind the scenes" for ever. Would you have got a bit impatient?

So here is the news. A while ago, a publisher, who for now shall remain nameless, expressed an interest in my book, and asked for the full script. You can only imaging how hard that has been to keep to myself, but I didn't want to jinx it (superstitious I know). Then came the news that I had been hoping for - they liked it!
But.
Well, you just knew there would be a BUT, didn't you!
It had to go to marketing and publicity for their view, and I waited and waited, finally hearing the other day that it had been met with a positive response, but as I am unknown and untried, I am of course, a risk. and therein lies the rub. I have been asked to pay a contribution towards the cost of publication.

So I need to do my research now - is this normal practice? It's a large company and I am thrilled at the prospect of being published with them, but I am unsure about how to proceed. Would I be better off self publishing?  Does that carry the same kudos? Or am I better off with the support of a large organisation? Should I just risk it anyway? Should I be voicing my concerns to the publisher first before airing them?

I am hoping that my very kind Google friends might be able to share their thoughts and opinions on the matter so that I may try to  reach a more balanced decision. I will keep you up to date in between my other (more regular!!!) posts, and meanwhile, fingers crossed that I make the right decision!

As always, have a great week! xx


ps picture looks a bit like me with my cat when I up thinking all night!!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment