Monday 27 May 2013

Apppreciating the good things

Its the Spring Bank half term now, and this time last year I was beavering away at my first book, wondering if I would be able to finish it and where the journey would lead. My two younger kids are in the final throes of college work at the moment, and I have abandoned my own writing, as any parent would do, to be on hand with revision support, supper and sympathy, and to nurture, blackmail, bribe and cajole them through the final stages. That is my priority right now.

I'm not particularly in a hurry, but after the brief excitement of possible publication, I have some work yet to do on the first book. By the end of the year I would like this done and resubmitted for publication, and for the second to be coming to a close. By the end of next year I hope to have all three books completed. We will see, won't we.

Bearing in mind the atrocity that happened in Woolwich last week, it seems that we are often hell bent in pursuit of our dreams at the expense of the many good things that already exist in our lives. My deepest sympathies go to the family of that young soldier - it makes you stop and think about what's important. Take a moment to feel grateful that you haven't had to suffer such devastating and outrageous tragedy, and to appreciate what you do have. As good as any writer likes to think that they are with words, there are none that can bring that family any solace. Hold your family tight and give thanks that you have them. Enough said.

Meanwhile, I have a busy week, a birthday (not another one!!!), some revision with my Y11s and a house to clean. Hope to get back to Sadie very soon!
Meanwhile, as always, have a great week!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment