Sunday 17 March 2013

An epiphany

I hope to have some exciting news to share next week. Well, I will have news to share, fingers crossed that it will be exciting, but it will be a massive update on what has been going on. If things haven't worked out as I hoped, then I will share what my next steps will be - after all the whole point of this in the first place was to share my journey, and I feel a bit mean that I have been keeping certain things to myself. I have never been one to sit about waiting for things to happen to me - I am a big believer in making things happen for yourself  after all we only get one life don't we? (Not a Buddhist, obviously....)

So whilst waiting, I have been reviewing where I am up to with my writing, what to do next and how to proceed, as you do. I have struggled with making progress on Book 2, not with the writing, but simply with the fact that something didn't feel right and I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was. This is the thing - The epiphany. I am not sure if Albie should be Book 3, and that Book 3 should in fact be Book 2. Should I currently be working on the follow up? 

I know this makes no difference to anyone really, but as I am just sharing my thoughts, well, this is where I am at. I would hope, at best, that readers would become so involved in the characters that they want to know what comes next, where as currently Book 2 is the prequel. The prequel explains certain things in Book 1, so I now have this dilemma.

I'm sure I will work it out, and thanks for staying with me this far, as I am very aware that I am rambling a little! I will continue to follow other writers as I am extremely interested in the journey of others struggling with writing dilemmas of all kinds. Good luck to all of us!

Have a great week!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment