Sunday 10 March 2013

Happy Mother's Day! Please pass on x

My mum is amazing. She is well into her seventies (although would not thank me for telling you that!) and is the most thoughtful, considerate, selfless, kind and loving person I have ever known, and she is a true inspiration. She has had a fruitful working life, raised 3 girls and is now happily retired. At my age (refusing to disclose! hehe) I am very lucky to still have her, and many of my friends are much less fortunate. We don't always appreciate what we have until we don't have it any more, but this is certainly not the case with me and my mum. I see her every week, speak to her every few days, text her regularly and hope to continue for a long time yet to come. I am a lucky girl indeed.

So on Mother's Day, I just wanted to spread the love. I know that we are all busy, and the writers amongst you being busy means that you have lots to write about and once you are in the zone, you are gone for as long as it takes. But shouldn't we all take time, if we can, to show a little appreciation to those we love, whilst we can? Not only mum, but all of those supporting us whilst we try to make our dreams come true?

Anyway, happy Mother's Day, Mum. Thank you for all the support and encouragement you have given, not only in my writing, but in everything.
I love you.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment