Sunday 16 December 2012

Lazy Sunday?

After a night out, little sleep and a bit of a headache, I polished off a couple of thousand words this morning, which was great, and am happy with the progress made so far. Other writers may find the same, but it's always exciting to sit and write and find out as I go just what the characters have been up to in my absence! Well they are real you know!

My husband keeps on urging me to publish some of my poems, and I may yet do that. I am very much focusing on publicity for Sadie and writing Albie at the moment, but as most of my poems are light comic poems, I may put a taster or two on here for a bit of a change. We'll see. Most of them are centred around the subject of my children, and were a way of chronicling their childhoods. Offerings such as "Slug", "Freckles" and "Burnt Potatoes" should give you an idea of the type of writing I have done. I have written poems for all sorts of parties and events, and used poetry as a comical way to remember trips and holidays too. Like I said, I will dig them out and possibly choose a couple to share.

Meanwhile, we have a house full of flu sufferers here, so I have spent much of the day somewhat relaxing with them. Now my Twitter and Facebook accounts are up to date ( @Sadies_house  ) I am going to put my feet up again before the last push for Christmas. Lots to do next week!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you say you like to 'find out what your characters have been up to in your absence'. I always feel like i'm catching up with old friends when i hit the pen and paper again.
    Best of luck in this journey.

    ReplyDelete