Wednesday 15 August 2012

Mistakes, I've made a few....

I'm a bit annoyed with myself today.
Let me tell you what happened. Yesterday I was feeling pretty smug - I printed out the whole book in 1.5 spacing and had it sprial bound so that I had a hard copy. It looks really good and I was very excited and ready to go through it for a final edit. I had already edited the first three chapters, checked and double checked, as they are the ones that I have sent to the first agencies. Imagine my consternation then, to find that there are STILL mistakes in those first three chapters!
SO a lesson learned. I have clearly sent them off too early, despite all the advice given in my yearbook and on every website I have visited! DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!!! (There was even a word in there that was incorrect, it wasn't all punctuation...! - the shame!)
Back to the drawing board today then. Edit AGAIN. And back to the ageny / publisher list, as I fully expect my previous submissions to be discarded................

PS Advice is NOT to suggest what the cover should look like when you send to publishers - this one is for my own amusement - I'm no artist (you don't say!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment